Customer Support Manager
At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
We're looking for a Customer Support Manager to join our Customer Support team. You’ll be on the frontlines of supporting our learners, listening to their feedback, and sharing their experiences with other teams.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll provide timely, thoughtful help to resolve our learner's requests through multiple channels. You will act as the pivot between the learner and other teams, passing on requests as necessary.
- You’ll help educate and provide useful troubleshooting steps for technical issues that our learners face on iOS, Android, and the web.
- You’ll engage with learners in the forums and keep a finger on the pulse of the Mimo community.
You’ll thrive in this role if
You're great with people. Responding to customer requests can be challenging. Your experience and composure help you de-escalate situations without taking an individual's opinion or mood personally.
You care about the learner experience. You are invested in ensuring our learners’ success. Your focus is on delivering value and being the voice of our learners.
You’re a problem solver. You love solving problems and show initiative to find solutions to root causes with patience and empathy.
You’re fluent in English. From writing sincere apologies to surprising people by reframing conversations, you treat every opportunity to deliver a meaningful experience, and ultimately, make our learners smile.
You love learning and bring a passion for technology. You have some knowledge of a programming language. Ideally, you’re eager to build on your knowledge and want to learn more about the web development ecosystem.
You’re collaborative by nature. Partnering with cross-functional teams, you inspire and motivate others to aid you in unraveling our learners’ problems.
You’re a remote-work advocate. You value asynchronous, written communication and can express yourself concisely.
How we work
- We’re a distributed team, working between the Eastern Standard time zone (UTC -5) and the European Standard time zone (UTC +3) for collaboration.
- If you’re located outside of this time zone range and want to move to the company’s official headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process, and cover travel expenses related to it.
- If you prefer to work outside of your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async and this means you get to set your own schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
25 days of paid vacation days in addition to your local public holidays, and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, make use of our €680 personal growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your personal development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Your annual salary will range from €41k to €47k gross annually (or €53k to €61k for contractors). Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.