At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. To help millions more learn to code and eventually become developers, we're looking for an Android Developer.
If you, too, want to make coding accessible to everybody, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.
- Collaborating within a cross-functional team of mobile and backend developers, product designers, and product managers
- Working closely with other Android developers across teams, giving feedback on and reviewing PRs, engaging in pair programming sessions, and sharing knowledge
- Specifying and breaking down features from idea to implementation
- Writing unit tests for logic changes
- Helping shape the product by participating in creative sessions and pitching ideas within your team
- Co-sharing the responsibility of a continuous weekly test and release cycle
Some of the tools we use
- Modern Kotlin stack including Coroutines and Flow
- MVVM combined with a clean-architecture approach
- A healthy dose of Jetpack, Firebase, and some open-source libraries
- Bitrise/GitHub Actions as our CI/CD
- 3+ years of experience in Android app development
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English for documentation, feedback, reviews, specifications, and other exchanges
- Employing a life-long learning mindset and sharing your knowledge within bi-weekly talks, blog posts, and post-mortem processes
At Mimo, we're not just accepting differences among team members – we're celebrating and promoting them. That’s why we’re committed to mitigating bias and providing equal opportunity in everything we do, including this hiring process.
By joining Mimo, you'll become part of a diverse, fun, and purpose-driven team with regular team activities like company retreats, hack weeks, and virtual breakfasts or coffee breaks. You'll also have access to great perks for your home office as well as your personal and professional development. We’re a distributed team, have flexible working hours, and there's no overtime. And while we have a small location in Vienna, Austria, most of us are spread over the world. Your annual salary will range from €52k to €80k, depending on your contract type and if you want to have an equity stake in Mimo, and will automatically increase by at least 5% every year.
If this role and workplace culture sound like you, we can't wait to hear from you!